About This Blog

Dare to Dissemble is my little online ranting place, where I air my thoughts about the ridiculous state of affairs at the University of Alberta--a formerly strong public institution with tons of potential being driven into the ground by inept governance and irresponsible government funding policies. Comments are welcome, but not expected. Like most blogs on the internet, this one languishes in obscurity and is read for the most part by its proprietor.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Movie Friday

I'm hoping to see Premium Rush soon.  I'm a big Joseph Gordon-Levitt fan.  (Two great recent performances were The Dark Knight Rises and 50/50, but I was especially impressed with the weird high school-noir Brick.)  The movie also stars Michael Shannon, a terrific, underrated actor who was fantastic in Take Shelter.

On the nostalgia side, I watched a big chunk of The Thin Red Line on TV this week.  What a great film.  Terrence Mallick has made only five movies in his career, but every one of them is risk-taking and engrossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment