About This Blog

Dare to Dissemble is my little online ranting place, where I air my thoughts about the ridiculous state of affairs at the University of Alberta--a formerly strong public institution with tons of potential being driven into the ground by inept governance and irresponsible government funding policies. Comments are welcome, but not expected. Like most blogs on the internet, this one languishes in obscurity and is read for the most part by its proprietor.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Dreddful: Movie Friday

Here's a cheesy looking movie that I will probably have to go see:



I never saw the first Judge Dredd, in part because I was consciously avoiding Stallone's ouevre by that time,* and in part due to its awful reviews.  But this one looks much more promising.  I've been a fan of Karl Urban for a while--he was especially amusing in Star Trek and RED.  In this film, he seems to be channeling a sort of post-apocalyptic Clint Eastwood.  (Question:  was Eastwood ever in any sort of science fiction film?  Not that I can remember...)

*Update:  To be fair, one of my guilty pleasures is Demolition Man.  That movie never fails to make me laugh.  And it actually has a decent score on Rotten Tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment