About This Blog

Dare to Dissemble is my little online ranting place, where I air my thoughts about the ridiculous state of affairs at the University of Alberta--a formerly strong public institution with tons of potential being driven into the ground by inept governance and irresponsible government funding policies. Comments are welcome, but not expected. Like most blogs on the internet, this one languishes in obscurity and is read for the most part by its proprietor.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Running Behind Movie Friday: Looper

Incredibly hectic week, with no let-up in sight.  Still, it wouldn't be complete without Movie Friday.  This week, I want to highlight Looper, a very interesting sounding sci-fi movie with (once again) Joseph Gordon-Levitt.  It was very well-received at TIFF, and is currently running at 96% at Rotten Tomatoes.  The writier/director, Rian Johnson, previously did Brick, another Gordon-Levitt vehicle that I have commented on previously.



The description of this film also vaguely reminds me of the ultra-indie Primer, a truly messed up time travel movie.  I recommend it, but with the proviso that it will confuse and upset you.

No comments:

Post a Comment